ABOUT TEEN CHALLENGE OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Teen Challenge of Southern California was established in 1963 and includes nine regional facilities with seven strategically placed residential facilities throughout Southern California. Last year Teen Challenge served over 200,000 men, women and children in Southern California through its resident and outreach programs. The Teen Challenge residential program continues to be one of the largest and most effective substance abuse recovery and prevention programs of its kind.
Teen Challenge is a non-profit organization that relies entirely on the generous donations, funding and volunteer efforts of both individuals and organizations throughout our communities in order to offer services at no cost to the individual. We know that community involvement and support is an essential component of recovery and necessary to providing services that address the specific needs of the communities involved.
Ours is a missional movement that unashamedly follows Christ, embraces servant leadership, and shares transforming grace.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
- We serve our students, churches, volunteers, supporters, and communities.
- We are ambassadors of a ministry of reconciliation.
- Personal growth and constant improvement are essential.
- Our lives teach more than our words.
- We are committed to Excellence.
- The Holy Spirit began and sustains this work.
- Life transformation is the reason for our existence.
- No one is beyond Christ’s redemption.
- We rely on a peer-to-peer discipleship model.
- We guard our integrity.
- We highly value our supporters’ trust.